Tuesday 5 February 2013

Aaaaand finally...the "quick knit" 40s jumper



Brrrr.  I need more jumpers.  As you may be able to tell from the above pic it's a little cold here right now.  that is my patented "it's cold" stance by the way.  Elegant.  And between sets hair too.

I'm a slow knitter anyway, I knit English style and have yet to teach myself the much faster continental style.  I also always have a few different projects on the go so it seems like each one takes me years.

This quick knit 40s jumper from Flossy and Dossy was no exception.  Yes, it works up rapidly but as I was only knitting it at work in my lunch breaks or on particularly dull conference calls it has taken some time to complete.

Still, I'm very pleased with it.

I can strongly recommend both the pattern and the yarn (King Cole Merino chunky) - the pattern being simple to understand and easy to sew up and the yarn being delicious soft and vividly coloured. I did slightly adjust the neckline to not be quite so high as I hate feeling jumpers high on my neck.  I hope the designers forgive me...

It is my favourite project to date and I have been a little remiss getting photos up despite wearing it almost constantly.  The more eagle eyed of you will have seen me wearing it in a couple of recent hair disaster posts.  I did get the chap to take some pics last week but at that time we had just left a mind numbingly boring exhibition at the Tat Moderne and his lack of enthusiasm showed in the pictures - that exhibition was dull enough to suck the artistic soul from even the most inspired of us.

Anyway - here are some slightly better pics.











So, well, go knit it.  It's fabulous.

17 comments:

  1. Oh my word! It's when I see things like this that I wish I could knit! Simply fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oohhh that's VERY nice and a fab color for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so pretty and in such a great colour :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I love the color on you.... whish I could make sucha a darling top, but I'm a wreck when it comes to knitting

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! the color is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful - in colour and pattern :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh!!! That is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh your new jumper is super and I love your specs too :)
    T x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that colour really pops on you - it looks brilliant. And king Cole yarns are ace. I'm a slow knitter too - I console myself with the fact that I'm unlikely to run out of room for jumpers any time soon, so will always have a reason to knit for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it.
    I envy you, I wish I was skilled enough to make my own jumper. I nééd them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh I love it! All these amazing knitting projects I keep seeing on various blogs is making me think that I need to learn this skill!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the colour.. makes a Marilyn out of you ! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This jumper was already on my next-to-knit list and after seeing how beautifully it turned out on you I can't wait to get started on my own version! Fabulous job!

    xox,
    bonita of Depict This!

    ReplyDelete
  14. you look fabulous and the colour is amazing:)

    ReplyDelete