Yep, I know it is supposed to be resolution but I'm planning some big changes in 2011 (in addition to my keeping my nails resolution mentioned in my last post) and so revolution seemed more appropriate. 2010 was terrible though, so whatever happens it will be a huge improvement. Roll on 2011!
Not all of this is vintage related, so I hope it isn't too dull for you.
1) I am going to give up smoking: I tried about 3 times this year and kept failing, however research (google haha!) says that most people succeed around their seventh attempt. As such I'm going to keep trying. Official quit date 2 January.
2) I am going to seriously curb my shopping habit: I spend far too much on eBay on things I do not really need. As such I am going to do a full review of my wardrobe, work out what I actually need (i.e. items to complete outfits) and then compile a needs and wants list. I can only buy the needs, with the wants being limited to one every month. Still sound excessive? You have no idea what my shopping habits are like (this month 5 hats, a cocktail shaker set, a dress, a bag, a skirt, some books, some vintage glassware,12 pairs of vintage stockings, several knitting patterns, a dress and some pin-up art - I only needed the stockings...). I am also going to do a full wardrobe audit and sell anything that doesn't fit, doesn't flatter or isn't right in some other way and will make this an annual thing to keep on top of things.
3) I am going to lose the extra weight I've put on (damn you Depo Provera!) by improving my diet (less carbs, more veg, meat free days) and by walking home from work (once it stops being scary dark by 4pm). I might even try cycling again...though that might be a bit ambitious.
4) I am going to improve my knitting skills by tackling fairisle, annoying tiny 4 ply wool, circular needles and cable knitting. I am also going to try sewing again. I already have the yarn and the fabric I need for the projects I have earmarked and as such I'll expand my wardrobe and save money at the same time.
5) I am going to master the pincurl. I am going to work my way through all the roll and bang sets in all my vintage hair books and downloads. Probably choosing one a fortnight or one a month.
6) I am going to start meditating. I've realised I spend very little time away from stimulation (phnar) as I am always on the phone, on the internet, watching TV or reading. I need time off and process stuff. I'm hoping this will help break my negative thought patterns.
7) I am going to decorate the flat. My lounge needs the walls painting and some lampshades. I have earmarked these reproduction bakelite shades. Am tempted to change the switches too.
8) I am going to continue updating and growing this blog, hence the little poll in the side. I'd like to know what you want to read about. Please let me know what will keep you coming back for more. I'd love to get to the stage where I have sponsors and stuff, I really would.
That's it for now - lots of things to think about.
What do you think of my list? Are you making resolutions this year, vintage based or otherwise?